[netCDF #YMT-660802]: error

Hi Reepal,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question.

> I have already ncetcdf 4.1.3.
>
> I tried to install netcdf 4.3.2.
>
> I got following attached message.
>
> Can you guide me? should I remove netcdf 4.1.3 and then install netcdf
> 4.3.2. Just let me know steps.

This is due to using an old version HDF5 library with which to build netCDF-4.

In more detail, there was a bug in HDF5-1.8.7 and earlier that we didn't test
for in the corresponding netCDF version. More recent netCDF versions detect
the HDF5 bug when built with HDF5-1.8.7 or earlier, but build fine with
HDF5 versions 1.8.8 and later. If you have to rebuild HDF5 from source anyway,
I would recommend just using the latest version 1.8.13, as that's what we're
testing with now.

After you have installed HDF5 1.8.8 or later, rebuild netCDF-4 using that
installed version, according to the instructions you were already following
at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html

Please let us know if you encounter additional problems.  We'll try to respond
more quickly next time.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YMT-660802
Department: Support netCDF