[netCDF #ZEC-555623]: Issues on netcdf-fortran-4.4.3 configure operation

Hello,

From the config.log information you've provided it, looks like you will need to
explicitly specify a fortran compiler using the standard environmental
variables, FC and/or F90, e.g.

    export FC=$(which gfortran)

etc.  Let me know if this fails to work for you, and I will provide what
additional help I can.

Have a great day,

-Ward

> Dear Sirs,
>

> After an apparent successful installation of netcdf-C-4.4.0, and after trying
> to run the configure command on netcdf-fortran, I ran into an error issue. It
> seems that the configure operation on netcdf-fortran-4.4.3 could not locate
> the default Fortran compiler, which is gcc version 4.8.5 (SUSE Linux). Also
> on this same computer there is a Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update2
> compiler recently installed, which the configure operation does not identify
> either.
>

> Attached you will find the config.log files for the configure runs of
> netcdf-fortran-4.4.3, as well as for netcdf-C-4.4.0.
>

> In addition below in blue is the terminal screen print out of the configure
> operation on netcdf-fortran-4.4.3:
>

> Bucaram@linux-vx3k:~/Documents/netCDF-fortran-4.4.3/netcdf-fortran-4.4.3>
> CPPFLAGS="-I${NCDIR}/include"
> Bucaram@linux-vx3k:~/Documents/netCDF-fortran-4.4.3/netcdf-fortran-4.4.3>
> LDFLAGS="-L${NCDIR}/lib"
> Bucaram@linux-vx3k:~/Documents/netCDF-fortran-4.4.3/netcdf-fortran-4.4.3>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${NCDIR}/lib
> Bucaram@linux-vx3k:~/Documents/netCDF-fortran-4.4.3/netcdf-fortran-4.4.3>
> LIBS="-lnetcdf"
> Bucaram@linux-vx3k:~/Documents/netCDF-fortran-4.4.3/netcdf-fortran-4.4.3>
> ./configure --prefix=${NCDIR} --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-netcdf-4, --disable-dap
> configure: loading site script /usr/share/site/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> configure: netCDF-Fortran 4.4.3
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> configure: checking user options
> checking whether extra valgrind tests should be run... no
> checking whether parallel IO tests should be run... no
> checking whether netCDF extra tests should be run (developers only)... no
> checking for doxygen... no
> configure: WARNING: Doxygen not found - documentation will not be built
> checking for dot... dot
> configure: finding C compiler
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
> configure: finding Fortran compiler
> checking for gfortran... no
> checking for g95... no
> checking for xlf95... no
> [...]