Re: 20000531: solarisx86 ver 7 and telnet

Alan,

Based on the following information and my observation telnet'ing to waldo,
I'd say this is an issue with TCP wrapper configuration.  I note that I do
get a connection, but it is immediately closed.  This means that inetd is
correctly reading inetd.conf and exec'ing a in.telnetd process to handle
the connection attempt -- only to get shutdown by the TCP wrappers.

First, check /etc/hosts.allow (and /etc/hosts.deny) to make sure connections
are allowed from the systems attempting those connections.  My guess is that
the problem will be resolved there...

BTW - I've never heard of /usr/hbtcp, nor do any of our systems have it.

mike