[THREDDS #LUC-457370]: Question on latitude for gridded data set

Hi Shiva,

> Many thanks for your response. So if the longitude goes from 0 to 360,
> what convention is followed to represent points east and west of the
> Greenwich meridian. Also, if I want the conditions at 75 W (longitude),
> should I specify -75 or should I specify it as (360-75)? I current
> specify it as -75 and I do get some numbers out of the database.
> So what does -75 correspond to?

The longitude is in degrees east of the Greenwich meridian. So 1 is just east
of the meridian and 359 is just west. The prefered input for 75 W would be 285.
I'm not sure about what -75 returns. I'm guessing that gets converted to 285
internally as well but I'm not absolutely sure.

Ethan

Ticket ID: LUC-457370
Department: Support THREDDS