[THREDDS #BBU-337249]: problem with thredds.server.ncSubset.GridPointWriter

Hi Don,

the classes in that package (thredds.server.ncSubset.view.*) are meant to be
used by the NetCDF Subset Service (NCSS) and there is not any public
documentation about how to use them since they were designed to work in a TDS
context and exclusively for the NCSS.
If you want to give them a try within RAMADDA my first suggestion is to look
into the thredds.server.ncSubset.controller.PointDataController class. The
method getPointData handles a NCSS Grid as Point request and it probably does
all you need for writing out a point from a GridDataset. Actually, it streams
the output through the response output stream for the text formats and writes a
file to a cache directory for NetCDF-3 and NetCDF-4 that is eventually sent out
in the response. Probably, the name of the package is confusing and it should
be thredds.server.ncSubset.stream.* instead.
Let me know if this helps or any other questions you may have.

Cheers,
Marcos Hermida.

Ticket ID: BBU-337249
Department: Support THREDDS