[UDUNITS #MIZ-934064]: build of 2.1.24 fails

Martin,

> thanks for the fast reply. I tried this, before I had asked for help.
> I followed your suggestions but the error remains the same.
>
> Are there special requirements for the shell? I am using bash.

I use bash and don't see this problem.

> I alse removed the content of autom4te.cache.
>
> I attach the libtool generated by configure. I guess the shell
> misinterprests the syntax of lines 826 and so on.
> It is Xsed that generates the strange results.

I don't see how line 826 could execute the command "X--tag=CC".

I suggest dropping into directory "/sw/data/udunits/SLED_11/2.1.24/build/expat"
and manually executing the command

    /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-DHAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H -DNDEBUG  -O3 -MT xmlparse.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/xmlparse.Tpo -c -o xmlparse.lo xmlparse.c

and then playing around with the definitions of "SED" and "Xsed" in
"../libtool" (and maybe other shell variables) until it works.

> Best,
> Martin

Regards,
Steve Emmerson