Re: [gembud] East Satellite Imagery

Oops. Upon further review, I was viewing the McIDAS GOES-13 area files. Those work fine on any Gempak program. The eastern gini images seem to be formatted differently now. They do work on Gempak.

James

James Murakami
Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

  e-mail: tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
telephone: 310-825-2418
     Fax: 310-206-5219

James Murakami wrote:
I thought Jeff was having a problem using a gui like garp or nmap2(images are fine for me). I just tried plotting a EAST-CONUS image using gpmap and got the complaint "[IM 1] No entry in the image type table, imgtyp.tbl, for file...". So, gpmap doesn't seem to be using the tables in $GEMTBL/sat.

James

James Murakami
Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

  e-mail: tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
telephone: 310-825-2418
     Fax: 310-206-5219

Jeff Lake - Admin wrote:
 Thanks to everyone that replied to me..
I went back to scratch and rebuilt 5.11.4
now its complaining
PROJ = SAT
is not correct .. so ....
will keep trudging along.. -Jeff