Re: [idvusers] GEMPAK Upper-Air files in IDV 5.0u1

Kevin,

Please go through the RAOB interface in the IDV. In the IDV dashboard, go
to the Data Choosers tab. Select "Observations" > "RAOB". Select the
"Sounding: Local" tab, and select and open the GEMPAK Upper Air file. (This
operation may take a few seconds before the sounding sites appear.) At this
point, you should be able to display SkewTs, hodographs, etc. as you
normally would. Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM, John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Kevin:
>
> Julian is on vacation but when he gets back (i think another 10 days) we
> will have a look.
>
> Perhaps send us a pointer to the file you are trying so we can reproduce
> the problem....
>
> John
>

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Tyle, Kevin R <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > According to the release notes, the current release of IDV now supports
> > the use of RAOB data in GEMPAK format.  However, I have not been able to
> do
> > so.  I've tried loading the file both as a GEMPAK point file and a RAOB
> > Sounding file.
> >
> > If there is a documented procedure to do this successfully, let me know.

  • Search the idvusers archives: