Re: ALLOW with regex for files

Daniel,

>Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:25:57 -0400
>From: "Lemay,Daniel [CMC]" <Daniel.Lemay@xxxxxxxx>
>To: "'ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: ALLOW with regex for files

> When you set up a LDM server, is it possible to limit the files (by a
> pattern matching possibly) that a client can obtain within a particular feed
> (I know the client himself can write a pattern matching in is REQUEST
> entries, but what I want is the server to be able to enforce some
> restrictions on what the client can take). In all the example I have seen,
> the ALLOW only includes a feed field?

To followup on my previous email, the lack of product-ID discrimination
on the upstream side can be overcome by

    1.  Running an LDM that doesn't receive (i.e. request) any
        restricted data; and

    2.  Only allowing the downsteam LDM to connect to that LDM.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

  • Search the ldm-users archives: