Re: [ldm-users] Turning off RPC

you sneaky dev you! I missed that change.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Steve Emmerson <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tyler Allison wrote:

Personally, I'd rather see it assume 388 and fall back to
portmapper/rpcbind in the event of 388 failure, but that's just me :)

That's the way the LDM actually works.

Accessing the portmapper (port 111) is only an issue if and when access
to port 388 is blocked for some reason (e.g., a firewall rule).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer