Re: [ldm-users] Log rotation

If it maters, I'll add my voice.  Quick aside, my day job for the past 15+
years has been an IT security engineer/consultant..it's my job to be
paranoid and tell clients what to do and not to do..so it pains me when I
say....

Do _NOT_ use SELinux on a server unless it is a multi-user system (eg:
multiple different people login and peform functions on it in a realtime
basis).  Given that an LDM server should be sitting over in a closet with no
logins on it other than the administrator(s). There is no need for SELinux.
It will just make your life more difficult while adding a layer of
protection you don't need.  Instead, take the base OS, harden it using
whatever tools/techniques you have, turn off everything but SSH and LDM (and
enable other things as needed, apache, etc) and you'll be good to go. A
properly configured and hardened box is 100x more important than running
SELinux.

-Tyler
AllisonHouse LLC