[AWIPS #EEZ-136587]: CAVE -2 pane side by side view

>I’ve seen references to a user-defined number of active panes, but only see
>the menu option of 1 or 5 (View > 1 pane layout or 5 pane layout).  Is it
>possible to adjust the number of panes from 1-5 somehow ?

Hello Pete,

I'm opening a ticket regarding the question you made to our awips2-users email
about different pane layouts

We recently wrote a blog that goes over some of these terminologies which can
be found here (Note that "Pane" and "Panels" are different):
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/awips-tips-panes-in-cave

Pane layouts, we only have the 1-pane or 5-pane options found from the View
menu as you mentioned. These are not user-defined...

Panel layouts, can be loaded within your main/active tab to have 1, 2, or 4
panels (by right clicking in the main map). In version 20* there are additional
9 and 16 panel layouts to choose from. I believe this 2 panel, side-by-side
layout is what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform