9990218: gpfront...

Maureen,

the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is generally set on a per user basis in their
shell configuration, but you can add it to the Gemenviron script
if you prefer. Solaris is a lttle different in where they install
stuff, and the default library search by the OS only looks in
/usr/lib unless other directories are listed in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

You will probably find that without /usr/openwin/lib in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, you can't even fire up an xterm. The motif
library in /usr/dt/lib is just 1 more querk.

Steve Chiswell