Question regarding ESRI Shape files and Geo-tiffs

All,

            I am trying to access specific parameters within several GRIB
files, and pull out the data arrays in the way shape files and geo-tiffs.  I
have tried in vain for several days to figure out how to do then and I have
been unsuccessful.  Can anyone give me some code snippets or point me in the
right direction?  Thanks!!

V/r

A1C Nelson, Brandon K

Communications-Computer Systems Programmer

HQ AFWA/SCSA (402) 294-1404